Updated 22 May 2018 to confirm GDPR compliance (General Data Protection Regulation)
Keeping your data safe is very important to us, we are proud to have always held the values and principles of the GDPR prior to the regulation announcement in April 2016.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you place a booking with us.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete the enquiry forms on this website or email us.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
When creating a booking, a contract for us to supply a service is created.
Consent to store your data is automatically granted as we have a "Legitimate Interest" & "Good Reason" for storing this data as a contract is in place. Data processing is a necessary to create and maintain the booking.
When creating a booking a member of staff will ask for your:
- Name: To identify the booking
- Address: To identify the booking & to process your card payment securely
- Telephone Number: To contact you in urgency with matters directly affecting your booking
- Email Address: To send your booking confirmation receipt and other matters directly affecting your booking
- Dates of Stay, Unit Type & Party Quantities: To price your booking accordingly
- Pitch Choice & Group Status: To provide you with pitches you have requested
- Credit/Debit Card Details: To take payment.
- The CSV code (three digits on the signature strip) is not stored.
The above data (except the payment detail) is collected, stored and encrypted within our booking software.
Payment details are input directly into a physical card processing terminal and the CSV code is not stored.
Any printed documentation from the software and card terminal is stored within secure filing units.
If an email address is provided, the booking confirmation is sent to that address.
The confirmation shows the above information, however payment information is limited to date & amount paid.
In addition to the above data, it may be necessary to store data regarding any issues that occured during your stay (i.e. fires/noise). We have a "Legitimate Interest" in keeping this data as it is required for safety reasons and our own business interests as it affects other customers. This data may be used to reject future bookings.
We have never and will not share or sell our data to anyone else, nor use it for marketing purposes.
It is necessary for small businesses to rely on third parties to process data.
Our GDPR compliant third party data processors are:
- Booking-IT: Who supply our encrypted booking software
- Worldpay: Who supply our secure payment processing terminal
- Timico: Who supply our office broadband, website hosting, email hosting and telephone lines
We do not have a direct marketing strategy, only indirect advertising aimed at the general public.
Access to your information, correction and deletion
You have the right to request a copy of the information
that we hold about you, or ask for this to be deleted.
If you would like to request a copy your personal information or request a deletion, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Please note that we may be unable to delete personal information that is attached to a contract/booking which is active (during the current season for example) however, we are willing try our best to accomondate you.
We have a separate page for Cookie Use
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy
policy only applies to this website so when you link to
other websites we recommend you look at their own privacy policies.
will place any updates on this page.
policy was last updated on 22 May 2018.
How to contact us
Please contact us
if you have any questions about our