Website Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for use of this website
- This website is the property of Forest Camping Limited
- The entire content of this website is protected by copyright. You may download information from the website for your own personal use only and you acknowledge that you do not obtain any ownership rights by downloading material
including text and images.
- Neither Forest Camping Limited nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. While we endeavour to keep information on the website accurate, you acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we exclude liability for any loss or damage such inaccuracies or errors may cause.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Cookies in use on this Website
Our Cookies and how they Benefit You
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Monitor anonymous usage statistics, such as the number of visits per day and
what pages are visited most
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more
- Collect any personally identifiable information
- Collect any
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use Google Analytics to compile visitor statistics such as how many people
have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or
Windows which helps to identify when our site isn't working for a particular
group of people using certain software or hardware), how long they spend on the
site, what page they look at etc. This helps us to continuously improve our
website. Google Analytics will also tell us how people reached this site on an
anonymous basis (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
Updated 30 Apr 2021 to confirm GDPR compliance (General Data Protection Regulation)
Keeping your data safe is very important to us, we are proud to have always held the values and principles of the GDPR prior to the regulation announcement in April 2016.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you place a booking with us.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete the enquiry forms on this website or email us.
Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information about you?
When creating a booking, a contract for us to supply a service is created.
Consent to store your data is automatically granted as we have a "Legitimate Interest" & "Good Reason" for storing this data as a contract is in place. Data processing is a necessary to create and maintain the booking.
When creating a booking a member of staff will ask for your:
- Name: To identify the booking
- Address: To identify the booking & to process your card payment securely
- Telephone Number: To contact you in urgency with matters directly affecting your booking
- Email Address: To send your booking confirmation receipt and other matters directly affecting your booking
- Vehicle Registration Number: To aid identifcation of you without disturbing you
- Dates of Stay, Unit Type & Party Quantities: To price your booking accordingly
- Pitch Choice & Group Status: To provide you with pitches you have requested
- Credit/Debit Card Details: To take payment.
- The CSV code (three digits on the signature strip) is not stored.
- NHS Test and Trace Data: It is a legal requirement to obtain data from each person over 16 years old
The above data (except the payment detail) is collected, stored and encrypted within our booking software.
Payment details are input directly into a physical card processing terminal and the CSV code is not stored.
Any printed documentation from the software and card terminal is stored within secure filing units.
If an email address is provided, the booking confirmation is sent to that address.
The confirmation shows the above information, however payment information is limited to date & amount paid.
In addition to the above data, it may be necessary to store data regarding any issues that occured during your stay (i.e. fires/noise). We have a "Legitimate Interest" in keeping this data as it is required for safety reasons and our own business interests as it affects other customers. This data may be used to reject future bookings.
We have never and will not share or sell our data to anyone else, nor use it for marketing purposes.
It is necessary for small businesses to rely on third parties to process data.
Our GDPR compliant third party data processors are:
- Booking-IT: Who supply our encrypted booking software
- Worldpay: Who supply our secure payment processing terminal & Pay by Link service
- Timico: Who supply our office broadband, website hosting, email hosting and telephone lines
- NHS Test and Trace: When requested, we are required to supply NHS Test and Trace with the data needed
We do not have a direct marketing strategy, only indirect advertising aimed at the general public.
Access to your information, correction and deletion
You have the right to request a copy of the information
that we hold about you, or ask for this to be deleted.
If you would like to request a copy your personal information or request a deletion, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Please note that we may be unable to delete personal information that is attached to a contract/booking which is active (during the current season for example) however, we are willing try our best to accomondate you.
Our website contains links to other websites. This privacy
policy only applies to this website so when you link to
other websites we recommend you look at their own privacy policies.
will place any updates on this page.
policy was last updated on 22 May 2018.
How to contact us
Please contact us
if you have any questions about our